- The sites are shielded from natural hazards such as extreme rainfall, flooding, high winds, landslides etc.
- Secure electricity supply: both national and regional production combine to support up to 200 MW of electricity
- Independent, international feeds of dark fiber can be provided at all sites.
- Empowered and well educated work force in stable societies
- Cold climate (yearly average temperature in Inland Norway is 1,2 – 4,2 °C) provides efficient cooling and low power consumption.
- Employer’s contribution to the National Insurance Scheme at only 6.4 % for the northern sites compared to 14.1 % in more central regions of Norway. This saves approximately USD 4750 per employee every year.
- Significant surplus of hydropower provides the lowest, long term electricity prices in the Nordics.
- Southern sites: From 45 min to Oslo International Airport, and near the cities of Hamar, Lillehammer, Gjøvik and Elverum.
- Northern sites: Large, low cost.
- Nordavind is established as a dedicated, professional provider of locations for DC operators. All sites are regulated/zoned and controlled by us
- We can answer all questions and facilitate any operational aspect that requires local knowledge, from technical issues to taxes.