LOCATION AND OWNER
- Address Rendalen, Åkrestrømmen, Norway
- Coordinates (N)61.708879 (E)11.217392 – EU89, UTM zone 33
- Map http://goo.gl/maps/PlGXB
- Surroundings Mountain, naturally levelled glasiofluvial deposits & forest
- Owned by Rendalen municipality, directly and through agreements
SITE AND CONSTRUCTION
- Site area 1,500,000 m2 (150 ha) greenfield
- Topography Flat, max elevation 10 meters, 295 meters above sea level
- Type of site Granite gravel and rocks
- Shape Rectangular
- Utilization 60%, equal to 900,000 m2 or 90 ha, based on roofed area
- Construction Extremely easy deforestation, due to thin soil. The granite gravel ground is relatively flat and well suited for construction.
ELECTRICITY AND GRID
- Capacity within 1 month 1,5 MW
- Capacity within 6-10 months 20 MW (N-0)
- Long term potential (36 months) 100 MW (N-1) with upgraded infrastructure
- Grid 132 kV passing by site
320 kV 13 km from site
- Local hydro production capacity From Rendalen/ south 90 MW, from Savalen/north 175 MW (the latter only partly controlled by Nordavind/ Eidsiva)
For more information regarding electricity and grid capacity contact us.
- Fiber within 1 month 1 Gb/s (Eidsiva)
- Fiber within 6 months Dark fiber 1 feed (Eidsiva)
- Fiber within 1 year Dark fiber 2 feeds (Eidsiva). Telenor can probably also deliver dark fiber.
- Operators Eidsiva broadband and Telenor
- Connect EU Rendalen is very close to the Swedish border with connections directly to major international operators in Sweden as well as international connection through Oslo.
PLANNING AND PERMITTING
- Regulations Regulated to datacenter use and industry. Ordinary building permits are required
- Zoning Industrial zoning ready for construction
- Road Yes, on site – New two lanes road with sidewalk and bridge will be financed and built by the municipality of Rendalen.
- Water/Sanitation Yes, on site – new water/ sanitary at customer needs
- Cooling water Exit water from hydro station, big lake and river
- Building height There are no restrictions to building height
- Highway 1 km from RV 30, 20 km from RV 3 (main road Oslo – Trondheim)
- Access 2 km, existing road access to the site
- Int. airport OSL Gardermoen, 150 minutes, 204 km
- Airport Roros, 120 min, 120 km
- Local airport Tynset, 65 min, 65 km (small, private aircrafts only)
- Train Koppang Station, Rørosbanen 20 km away